I have recently become a tad more creative in the kitchen when it comes to eating healthy. After seeing a boost in the whole healthy brunch trend, I decided to go all DIY and make my own delicious creations.
Here is my take on a pancake stack!
3/4 Cup Wholemeal Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Milk
2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine
2. Make a small well in the middle, add milk and eggs, mix until a smooth batter forms
3. While the batter rests, pre-heat pan and spray with some olive oil
4. Using a 1/4 cup for each pancake, pour the batter into the pan, cook until bubbles form and then flip pancake, cook the other side for 1 – 2 minutes
5. Serve with your choice of spreads and toppings
Makes 6 – 8 pancakes
My stack consisted of blueberries and honey on the bottom layer, whipped peanut butter, banana and sprinkle of chia in the middle, then on top, lightly stewed strawberries, seeds and granola.
One word – delicious!